NEC Rep New Dates!!! Kicks Off Free Monthly Meets!!
91 Claremont to see map and directions click here
RSC is near 121st #1 train to 116th Street or
A or D to 125th St then take the M60 bus west to 120thSt and Broadway or walk
NEC Rep members will have the opportunity to create methods for fulfilling their projects, and expanding resources for NY artists, by starting with forwarding their own arts careers as a team: (NEC Rep Member are those who have been hired in an NEC mainstage production on or backstage, and those who have completed at least 1 NEC workshop)
- Each session is open to all artists for the first hour.
New NEC Rep Acting Workshops Start Dates (10 Sessions):
NEC Rep: Shaping The Actor’s Instrument :
Mondays Sept 14- Nov 16, 2009 6:00pm-9:00pm
NEC Rep: Actor’s Intensive :Wednesdays Sept 23- Dec 2, 2009 6:00pm-9:00pm
2 Culminating Shows Thurs & Fri Dec 10 and 11 at 8pm
Play Writing: TBA in October
NEC Rep: Shaping The Actor’s Instrument : Mondays March 29– June 7 6:00pm-9:00pm
NEC Rep: Actor’s Intensive :Wednesdays April 14- June 16 6:00pm-9:00pm
2 Culminating Shows Thurs & Fri July 8 and 9 at 8pm
- The first hour of the monthly meet includes a different topic each month see below(the 45min-1 hour training is open to non-NEC Rep members)
- Group feedback to design and implement projects, programs, ideas
- Shared space to rehearse and collaborate
- Create ways of finding venues, funding, resources and networks to do your work
- Find ways to spend more time creating and promoting your arts
- Raising the living standards of the group, so that more time is spent creating art and income.
- Career development
- Get creative feedback from your peers in a safe environment
- Purpose of this program; provide a space for continued growth of NEC artists, organizing and empowering artists as a powerful group of arts entrepreneurs. It is part of the NEC Rep program.
There is power in partnerships and team work.
As arts entrepreneurs we can be the example that inspires all NYC artists!
Monthly Meet Topics Schedule through May 1, 2010:
- Note: The first hour is open to any artist-including free training,
- Followed by 1 1/2-2hours strategy sessions for NEC Rep and NEC main stage performers and/or creative lab: new works and monologue clinic, structured feedback. From 1-4pm you may also opt to take a free class in Theatre of the Oppressed Improv techniques with Jeremiah Drake (check front desk listing for location):
2nd SAT Sept 12: 10am-1pm Free and Discount Resources for Performing Artists: Arts Operating as small business, What’s possible for NEC Rep as a group?, planning, ideas, organizing,
Oct 3 : What does Othello Mean to me?: ethnic actors view the classics vs traditional folk arts
Nov 7 : Career Development: starting your non-profit projects
Dec 5 : Playing Improvisation : Expand your abilities through theatre games and exercises
Feb 6 : Yang Tai-Chi and Chinese Kung Fu
March 6: E- Commerce and Marketing for Artists
April 3 : Fund Raising and Grants: Creating new methods for Generating income: an overview
May 1: Grant Writing and Budgets for artists
1st Hour Open to All Artists, following 2 hours for NEC Rep and NEC Mainstage Actors, Writers and Tech.