Artists News: Computers, Editing, Full Grants Database…
Next meet dates Apr 3, May 1, June 5, NO July, Aug 7, Sept 4, Oct 2, Nov 6, Dec 4, 2010
Thanks to The Field and Patricia Burgess who spoke to artists at our last meeting.
Now we are offering artists an associate membership to The Field. Every Associate membership to The Field through NEC Artists Monthly Meet will contribute $20 for The NEC Monthly Meet operating and program expenses. As you know, the monthly NEC meets at Riverside Church are free, while artists get resources to forward their projects and arts careers!
Here are some features and benefits you get with your tax deductible, $45/year membership:
Access to: ————————- The Benefits
|The Resource Center at the Field Laptops, Printer, Fax and Seated Work area||Use of office: printer, fax, laptops and arts library, see winning proposals, mentors help you book your venue or tour US or abroad, lists of festivals and organizations that help artists|
|Full Foundation Center Grants Database ($1295.00 value)||lists of those who give artists and organizations grant money, access to grants with your specifications, info on grant makers and grant winners, free lessons on grant writing and seeking are available (at The Field’s Resource Center)|
|Mac and PC Editing and other arts software||Edit videos, Adobe Photoshop for creating professional postcards, flyers and websites, Questia-online library 70,000 books 2 mill. articles|
|Materials for the Arts||Materials donated from companies to artists, like: equipment,curtains, clothes, costumes, food, household furnishings, etc|
|The Costume Collection||75,000 professionally designed costumes and accessories|
|Participation to FAR Residencies program||Weekly and Bi-weekly Field work sessions to get feedback on your writing, choreography and music, Low cost rehearsal space, show your work|
|Automatic Donation to support NEC Rep||Every $45/yr associate membership to The Field through NEC yields a $20 to help bring resources and free services to artists and arts professionals through the NEC Rep meetings, programs and www.necartz.com|
|Non-Profit Organization Rates and Discounts|
|Free Membership to Fractured Atlas
||liability insurance, job center, PR services, subsidized consulting services, career workshops, and an online support forum.|
|Donate now and get your associate membership to The Field through NEC (Available through February 14, 2010)||
Click “Continue” on bottom of page to Donate
All memberships last one year from approval allow 3-7days for activation
The Field is located at 161 Sixth Ave 14 th floor www.thefield.org
Lotteries for Artward Bound not included in associate membership
Next NEC Rep Meeting Dates:
Feb 6, Mar 6, April , May 1, Jun 5, No July, Aug 7, Sept 4, Oct 2, Nov 6, Dec 4
More information and links about associate membership to The Field and Fractured Atlas in the email below.
Note from The Field about the 3-in-1 membership…
Here are Membership Benefits. The only thing an affiliate is not allowed to participate in are lotteries for artward bound. At this time you do not have to be a member to participate in FAR Residencies. Member News The Resource Center provides a place for artists to gather and work in an encouraging and focused environment equipped to meet their professional needs. View current drop-in hours and learn more. Letters Confirming the Donation of Goods help to make it possible for donors to receive a tax-deduction on materials contributed towards your creative and professional activities. To request that a letter acknowledging the donation of goods, email firstname.lastname@example.org and allow five business days notice for The Field to process your request. You will need to provide:
- Donor’s name and address
- Detailed information about the item donated (i.e. One Dell Inspiron 5100 Lap Top Computer)
- Please note that donations of services are not tax-deductible.
Non-profit Affiliation Letters confirm your affiliation with The Field, making you eligible for certain non-profit rates and discounts including access to subsidized rental rates with venues, organizations, and companies that offer discounts to nonprofit organizations. As a member of The Field you are eligible to receive this discount. To request a letter confirming your relationship with The Field, email email@example.com and allow five business days notice for The Field to process your request. You will need to provide:
- Name of the person to whom the letter should be addressed
- Company/venue/organization address, fax and phone numbers
- The purpose (i.e. rehearsal space rental)
- Please note that Field Members are not exempt from state sales tax.
Materials for the Arts helps arts organizations (and you as a member of The Field!) realize their visions by providing free materials to support creative programs and productions. Supplies are gathered from companies and individuals that no longer need them and redistributed to artists that do. In the process, hundreds of tons are removed from the waste stream every year and kept out of landfills, helping to sustain our environment and promote reuse and waste reduction while enhancing the cultural life of their city. To register for MFTA:
- Visit www.mfta.org and click on Recipients, and then Apply Now to submit an online application to MFTA.
- After you have completed the online application form, you will receive an email with a list of supporting documents that are required for processing, which includes documentation of your professional performance activities (i.e. programs and/or flyers). In response to this email from MFTA, you will send a formal request letter to use their services. In the letter include your mission statement or bio. The letter should also include a list of materials you are interested in obtaining from MFTA. You will send the formal request letter to MFTA along with supporting documents from recent events.
- After you have completed both steps of the MFTA application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Field will confirm your application within the next four business days.
- Upon The Field’s confirmation MFTA then takes up to two weeks to process requests.
- Once you receive a contract from MFTA, you will be able to make an appointment to begin using their services.
The Costume Collection houses more than 75,000 professionally designed costumes and accessories. Nonprofit performing arts companies (and you as a member of The Field!) can rent these items at low cost. Most of the inventory is contributed by Broadway and Off Broadway productions and costume designers, which means that high quality, and sometimes even award-winning, designs are available. To access the Costume Collection:
- Email email@example.com with information on your event, including (1) the name of your production, (2) the size of your house/number of seats, (3) your performance dates, and (4) the names of up to three people authorized to sign out costumes under your membership.
- Allow up to four business days for The Field to set up a contract with the Costume Collection on your behalf.
- You will be responsible for dry-cleaning all costumes and returning them within 10 days of the close of the production.
Free Associate Membership at Fractured Atlas provides Field Members with access to low-cost health insurance and event liability insurance. Associate Membership also includes access to Fractured Atlas’ job center, PR services, subsidized consulting services, career workshops, and an online support forum. To activate your free Fractured Atlas Associate Membership please log-in to the Members Only area and click the featured Fractured Atlas link. Best, Patricia
Negro Ensemble Co. Repertory
P.O. Box 521
New York, New York
347 560 3312
NECARTZ.COM resources for artist entrepreneurs: grants, events, artist service organizations. NEC Rep Monthly meet 1 Saturday 10a-1pm at Riverside Church multi-purpose room. Classes available in Acting, Script Analysis, Character Development, Dialects and Folk Arts for Audition contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants supporting Negro Ensemble Company from Foundation, Government and Corporate Supporters :
- The New York City Department of Cultural Affairs
- The New York State Council for the Arts
- Con Edison
- The Harold and Mimi Steinberg Charitable Trust