NEGRO ENSEMBLE CO GOES TO CITY HALL w/ CTC
TODAY CANCELLED Coalition of Theatres of Color Politicians for event are still in Albany fighting for our funding So they had to cancell today’s event !!!City Council Chambers June 29 250 Broadway directions below. RSVP 212 788 9221 or email@example.com P
Friends of The Negro Ensemble Company!
Last year, The NEC suffered especially extreme budget cuts and nearly closed our doors. We STILL managed to thrive because of your passionate support! (flyer attached)
We need you to show up with your NEC colors on!
Coalition of the Theatres of Color
June 29th, 2010 5:30pm City Council Chambers, City Hall 250 Broadway (map) Send you letters of support now to The Negro Ensemble Co. 303 W 42 St Suite 502 NYC, NY 10036:
Directions to Hearings and Events
The New York City Council is located at City Hall and 250 Broadway.
City Hall is located in City Hall Park. (map) You can enter the plaza from either the west side of the park at Broadway and Murray Street or the east side at Park Row. You must go through security before entering City Hall so please allow for extra time and bring photo identification.
250 Broadway is located west of City Hall Park between Murray Street and Park Place. (map) You must go through security before entering 250 Broadway, please allow for extra time and bring photo identification.
Both buildings are accessible by public transportation.
#4, #5, #6 trains to City Hall/Brooklyn Bridge
#2, #3 trains to Park Place
W, R trains to City Hall
C, A trains to Chambers Street
M15 to City Hall/Park Row
Driving Directions to City Hall:
From the East Side: take the FDR Drive to the Manhattan Civic Center Exit
From the West Side: take the West Side Highway to Chambers Street Exit
Please note: No Parking is available at City Hall.
This year NEC is Still providing:
- Black Theatre, Workshops in Acting, Directing and Play and Screen Writing, Readings of Emerging Playwrights Free NEC Monthly Meets since August ’09
- Free www.necartz.com with 5,183 artist readership providing: resources, grant information, free donations from businesses to individual artists through partnerships with The Field, Fractured Atlas and MFTA and newsletters for artists
- 71 # of jobs partic. gained through NEC workshop programs and partnerships, instructors, and artists.
- 24 actors met with CBS VP of Casting Hollywood and NY Executives since 2009 via Diversity Institutes with Network TV Casting Executives (at no cost to actors)
- 107= # of participants on NEC workshop and Monthly Meet roster
- 90= # of participants on the NEC Monthly Meet roster who completed workshops in last 5 years,
- 5,183 hits on free website for artist entrepreneurs: www.necartz.org: artists send events for posting to firstname.lastname@example.org,with:
- free lists of grants for individual artists and nonprofits
- resources: links to artist service orgs
- artist service organization links
- Busiest pages# of hits: Home page 1,740 hits,Workshops Page 584 ,NEC Actor’s Training Program Page 253, Resources Page 236, Grants: Arts 233, Events 200, NEC 122
- 8 NEC Free monthly informational meets for uptown and artists of color, directors, tech and arts organizations giving them arts skills and business training from professional speakers from Artist Service organizations and Arts service providers, in operation since Aug 2009
- Deeply reduced memberships for MFTA, The Field and Fractured Atlas as well as The Foundation Center Database for Grants
- 6= # of partic. that went on on to higher education in arts,
- 6= # partic. having their original works shown and/or produced through NEC mentorship
- 7= # of partic. that started their own arts company via NEC programs
- Internship Programs and promoting artists
- and many countless jobs and opportunities through lasting partnerships fostered in programs and courses
Please help! June 29th 5:30PM City Council Chambers City Hall 250 Broadway (map) RSVP 212 788 9221 or email: email@example.com
Let us know if you’d like an NEC T shirt, banner or flag.. Or make and bring your own NEC creation ! and write your letter of support to: The Negro Ensemble Co 303 W 42 St Suite 501 NY, NY 10036
- June 16th Reading VSOP by Laurence Holderth 7:30pm Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Friday July 9th 8pm
Black Classics Vs Shakespeare: Round 1 at Bruce Mitchell Theatre 520 8th Ave 3fl
July 12-Aug 1:
Midtown International Theatre Festival at The Workshop Theatre 312 W 36 St NYC see http://www.midtownfestival.org for listings and tickets