More information and links about associate membership to The Field and Fractured Atlas in the email below.
Note: NEC Actors can get 1 free year of the premium membership at Fractured Atlas by entering code: NEC0410
Here are Membership Benefits . The only thing an affiliate is not allowed to participate in are lotteries for artward bound. At this time you do not have to be a member to participate in FAR Residencies. Member News The Resource Center provides a place for artists to gather and work in an encouraging and focused environment equipped to meet their professional needs. View current drop-in hours and learn more. Letters Confirming the Donation of Goods help to make it possible for donors to receive a tax-deduction on materials contributed towards your creative and professional activities. To request that a letter acknowledging the donation of goods, email email@example.com and allow five business days notice for The Field to process your request. You will need to provide:
- Donor’s name and address
- Detailed information about the item donated (i.e. One Dell Inspiron 5100 Lap Top Computer)
- Please note that donations of services are not tax-deductible.
Non-profit Affiliation Letters confirm your affiliation with The Field, making you eligible for certain non-profit rates and discounts including access to subsidized rental rates with venues, organizations, and companies that offer discounts to nonprofit organizations. As a member of The Field you are eligible to receive this discount. To request a letter confirming your relationship with The Field, email firstname.lastname@example.org allow five business days notice for The Field to process your request. You will need to provide:
- Name of the person to whom the letter should be addressed
- Company/venue/organization address, fax and phone numbers
- The purpose (i.e. rehearsal space rental)
- Please note that Field Members are not exempt from state sales tax.
Materials for the Arts helps arts organizations (and you as a member of The Field!) realize their visions by providing free materials to support creative programs and productions. Supplies are gathered from companies and individuals that no longer need them and redistributed to artists that do. In the process, hundreds of tons are removed from the waste stream every year and kept out of landfills, helping to sustain our environment and promote reuse and waste reduction while enhancing the cultural life of their city. To register for MFTA:
- Visit www.mfta.org and click on Recipients, and then Apply Now to submit an online application to MFTA.
- After you have completed the online application form, you will receive an email with a list of supporting documents that are required for processing, which includes documentation of your professional performance activities (i.e. programs and/or flyers). In response to this email from MFTA, you will send a formal request letter to use their services. In the letter include your mission statement or bio. The letter should also include a list of materials you are interested in obtaining from MFTA. You will send the formal request letter to MFTA along with supporting documents from recent events.
- After you have completed both steps of the MFTA application process, email email@example.com. The Field will confirm your application within the next four business days.
- Upon The Field’s confirmation MFTA then takes up to two weeks to process requests.
- Once you receive a contract from MFTA, you will be able to make an appointment to begin using their services.
The Costume Collection houses more than 75,000 professionally designed costumes and accessories. Nonprofit performing arts companies (and you as a member of The Field!) can rent these items at low cost. Most of the inventory is contributed by Broadway and Off Broadway productions and costume designers, which means that high quality, and sometimes even award-winning, designs are available. To access the Costume Collection:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with information on your event, including (1) the name of your production, (2) the size of your house/number of seats, (3) your performance dates, and (4) the names of up to three people authorized to sign out costumes under your membership.
- Allow up to four business days for The Field to set up a contract with the Costume Collection on your behalf.
- You will be responsible for dry-cleaning all costumes and returning them within 10 days of the close of the production.
Free Associate Membership at Fractured Atlas provides Field Members with access to low-cost health insurance and event liability insurance. Associate Membership also includes access to Fractured Atlas’ job center, PR services, subsidized consulting services, career workshops, and an online support forum. To activate your free Fractured Atlas Associate Membership please log-in to the Members Only area and click the featured Fractured Atlas link.